Call for Expression of Interest
The SUSTAIN EU-ASEAN project is a project supported by the European Commission’s 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development. The project has the goal of linking environment research initiatives in ASEAN and the EU and support the development of new initiatives. This builds on existing cooperation projects between Southeast Asia and Europe and will link them with other relevant initiatives to test the transferability of climate and resource efficiency solutions generated by EU-funded projects. The project will also contribute to better coordination and a joint effort of getting the results to potential users.
SUSTAIN EU-ASEAN invites you to participate in the Call for Expressions of Interest to identify relevant projects from European and other funding programmes working on climate and resource issues that may be relevant for Southeast Asia.
If you are coordinating or partnering in a research project in one of the following areas
- Climate action (including mitigation with a focus on smart cities and energy efficiency; marine environment; water and biodiversity; climate change adaptation; earth observation)
- Raw materials and resource efficiency (supply and efficient use of non-energy, non-agricultural raw materials; circular economy; recycling, waste and recovery; eco-innovation)
and you think your project has relevant results to be applied in (or applied at a larger scale in) Southeast Asia, please fill out this quick survey.
and let us know about your initiative by completing a short survey (5-10 minutes). This includes European projects with an existing cooperation with partners from Southeast Asia, as well as projects without links to Southeast Asia.
What SUSTAIN has to offer?
- Networking and project twinning support: find and coordinate with similar projects!
- R&D services for results take-up: get support in approaching potential investors!
- Communication and exposure support: make your results visible for potential users!
We are looking particularly for projects that already have produced results, but might benefit from support for take-up actions (in policy making, industry, etc.), in networking and coordinating with similar projects and in scaling up activities towards a regional application of your findings in Southeast Asia. We can also support you in getting in touch with potential partners in research, policy and industry if you are not yet working with Southeast Asian partners and would like to develop new initiatives.
Please note: SUSTAIN is not a research funding programme, but we have some resources available for research project networking, R&D support services as well as support for visibility and exposure. We cannot fund staff costs.
If you are not sure whether SUSTAIN can support your project's goals and development, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org